Questi i punti salienti dell'articolo:
- Il segretario di stato USA Hillary Clinton ha chiesto formalmente alla CIna di giustificare i fatti (gli attacchi provenivano dalla Cina)
- Molte aziende sono state attaccate, incluso settori finanziario, industriale, media e chimico
- Google ha preso il controllo di uno dei server da cui sono partiti gli attacchi ed ha scoperto che almeno altre 33 società sono state violate.
- E' un attacco di dimensione senza precedenti
- Chiunque lo abbia condotto, non e' la prima volta che lo fa
- Sono stati sottratti da 10 a 20 TB di dati
"The ability to operate with confidence in cyberspace is critical in a modern society and economy," she said.
investigation we have discovered that at least twenty other large
companies from a wide range of businesses – including the Internet,
finance, technology, media and chemical sectors – have been similarly
targeted," wrote Google Chief Legal Officer David Drummond
…Google's security team eventually managed to gain access to a server
that was used to control the hacked systems, and discovered that it was
not the only company to be hit. In fact, 33 other companies had also
been compromised, including Adobe Systems, according to several sources
familiar with the situation.
"We've never seen any attacks that were on this large of a scale and
were this successful against private companies," said Eli Jellenc, head
of international threat intelligence with Verisign's iDefense security
…"Whomever is doing this, this isn't their first attack," he said.
"These contractors also confirmed the China origin of the attacks."
…At least 10 to 20 terabytes of sensitive data had been taken from U.S.
government networks as part of what the report's authors called a "long
term, persistent campaign to collect sensitive but unclassified
Qualche giorno fa Hacker apparentemente Iraniani hanno colpito Baidu, il motore di ricerca Cinese (thx MP)
China's largest Internet search engine, was the target of a four-hour
cyber attack yesterday, the most severe since it was established in
The company said it had restored services for most Internet users by 6
A hacker group, calling itself Iranian Cyber Army, hijacked Baidu's
home page and left a message in Farsi saying that the act was a protest
against foreign involvement in Iran's domestic politics.